Tuesday 3 February 2009

flashing lights

Well I braved the wall of ice which seems to have engulfed Britain this week and made it down to fancy London, where, inbetween pointing at aeroplanes and trying to fish the moon from a puddle with a stick I'm doing a week on Two Pints of Lager and a Packet o Crisps Please, the BBC3 sitcom now in it's eighth series.

Got to the hotel last night and despite my cheerful greeting and tidy appearance was still given the smallest room they had. I think they actually chopped a bit of the bed off so they could fit it in. It was so dingy all that was missing was a spinning wheel. I say missing, they probably just couldn't fit it in. Forget swinging a cat, you couldn't even... anyway I went downstairs and had a quite word - told them I was a journalist and had stayed on an Afghan sheep farm with better rooms - and they eventually moved me to a much nicer room without any heating - spiteful bastards.

I moaned at Breakfast and they promised to fix it. Someone has clearly been and done something while I've been out because there's a light and a spanner icon flashing on the control panel now where there wasn't before. Still not 'technically' working though.

I went to the read-through this morning for ep 1. Not sure what I'm allowed to say about it, so best say nothing. Other than it's a great start for the series.

What I will say is that I've found a smart pub around the corner from the hotel, The Leinster. which does real ales and speciality pies. Had a Timothy Taylor beef pie last night. Tonight... who knows.

Tomorrow I'm off to Broadcasting House to meet a producer about writing sketches for a kids show. The plan is to meet the talent and thrash out ideas for new characters. I'll be honest I haven't got a clue how it's going to work. I find the best thing to do in these situations is go along and be quiet until someone asks me something and then I'll usually say something which makes me sound like a dick.

Sketch show tonight. The Adam and Pippa Show, at the Lowdown at The Albany. far too many 'at the's' there for my liking but am sure it will be joyful.

Now... I'm going to call reception about those flashing lights.

No comments: