Thursday 5 February 2009

off for a pie

London has got a lot of steps, my legs are killing me.

There's so much going on here, it's ridiculous. Last night I popped into a pub and as well as a pint the barman tried to sell me a ticket to a play going on downstairs. "You're probably not into that sort of thing are you," he asked. "Yeah, I am," I replied. "Who's your favourite playwrite?" he asked. Quick as a flash I answered: "Shakespeare." He didn't look convinced. He nodded, smiled, tipped himself from my change and said: "Who's your favourite Hamlet?"
I looked him square in the eye: "Can i have a bag of crisps please?"

Went to see the Adam and Pippa show which was excellent. Last night went to see the Pros from Dover which wasn't really my cup of tea. Tonight I'm having a night in the hotel and watching the Masterchef double-bill. Though I might pop out for a speciality pie from The Leinster.

The Cbeebies meeting went well. They had biscuits. I'll be finding out next week how much stuff they want to commission.

Dinner with Micheal Jacob last night which is always good fun. He wants the scripts for the comedy college showcase in next week so I'm going to spend the next two days solidly writing, because we're I'm not back in on Two pints until Sunday when they're recording. Pat Monahan is doing the audience warm-up. Probably going to be a late one then...

right, off for a pie.

No comments: