Saturday 4 April 2009

the nature of things

Ok, I've calmed down. There was an intense period of high which followed the showcase which has abated now, meaning a normal emotional service of despondency, desperation and hopelessness has been resumed.

Not really, I'm actually quite chipper at the moment. I haven't had a cigarette for eight weeks, I've left facebook and twitter and any day now I'm expecting a script fee through which means we can pay the mortgage for the next few months.

I've sent my film treatment to someone who could actually make it and asked to read it, had a nice meeting with a handful of good indies and there are currently two projects in with the Beeb which I feel good about. As a writer these are the moments you have to cherish. The moments where it seems everything is actually going ok.

Because rest assured a month down the line rejections for the lot will all arrive on the same day. It'll be the day the dog has gone missing, the kitchen ceiling falls in and the car gets towed. Such is the nature of things.

But for the moment I'm enjoying it. I'm finishing a couple of Scallywagga sketches. I think this next series is really going to be something special. I'm really looking forward to seeing the completed scripts. The Cbeebies stuff is all done and dusted and starting filming this month.

I've got three things I need to write now. A radio sitcom pilot, the film script and a re-working of an old script because last night I had an idea to make it much more 'zeitgeist.' Yes, I do realise that speaking about anything like that automatically condemns it to being crap.

Anyway I'd better crack on Gigging at Opus in town tonight and I'm not even bothered.

No comments: