Monday 26 January 2009

Play Doh Fun Factory

Ahhhh, Monday morning.

I'm sitting in the office at 7.30am, looking out across the lawn. The sun is rising behind St Paul's church and bringing an warming amber glow to a cold morning. A squirrel scurries along the thumb of the five-fingered Ash and a robin is wrestling with a crust on the bird table.

And slap bang in the middle of the garden, a freshly laid dog turd is curling steam into the crisp early air. It seems quite symbolic.

A theme is developing in my life at the moment and that theme is this: poo.

Baby poo to be more specific. It's bloody everywhere.

Poor little Maggie has just started on solids and... I'll spare you the details but last night she did one in the bath. This morning I awoke to find Sarah 'helping' her by rotating her legs while Maggie...

it was like a Play Doh Fun Factory, but without the fun.

Poor thing.

I sat and watched and thought - should I be filming this?

No comments: