Friday 19 June 2009

bugger

I had a brilliant idea.

I was reading the other day that when you own your house you own all the sky above it and all the earth below. And that got me thinking... I wonder who lives underneath me. If I was to start digging and carry on through the mantle, the molten core until I popped out the other side... where would I emerge?

Would it be in the garden of some south pacific tribesman or the back yard of a New Zealand sheep farmer. Would I arrive triumphant in a Japanese palace or at an outback barbie.

Who is my neighbour?

I decided to find out. Not only to find out, but once I had found out I decided that thhe neighbourly thing to do would be to go and visit them.

I mean come on, what a great story. I could get an Edinburgh show, a book and probably an hour of telly out of that.

So after lots of scratching of head and fiddling of google earth I made contact with a lady who told me how to calculate my antipode. So I did. And it's slap bang in the middle of the South Pacific.

Bugger.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't dig too deep mate, it's be a bugger trying to explain that to an insurance loss adjuster.