Wednesday 18 March 2009

shop local... my arse

I'm in London... again.

Been down at the Two Pints rehearsals this week - very funny episode written by Coming of Age's Tim Dawson. Didn't make today's tech rehearsal though because someone farted on the Circle Line and they had to close it down until emergency services were able to determine just who exactly it was that let Polly out of prison

Today is Wednesday March 18. A bad day for meeting anyone from the telly business as they are all too busy throwing up free booze and canapes from either:

1. Armando Ianucci's premiere of In The Loop
2. the corden and horne premiere of lesbian vampire ... ooooh!
3. the RTS awards.

I was invited to none of them.

I did however, go to see a show on Monday written by Alex Horne at the Soho theatre which had Mark Benton, James Pearce and the fat girl from Titty Bang Bang in it. It was alright. quite funny but I spilt a pint on my trousers halfway through which took the edge off, if you know what I mean.

Second show that night - it was a new comedy writing thingie - was a mad Irishwoman... hold on I've got the thing here somehwere.... Teresa Jennings that was her name. What's the best I can say?... I've never been to Edingurgh Festival, but I imagine that's what a lot of it is like.

Best bit was when Michael Legge came in late and got dragged onto the stage so she could humiliate him. Needless to say he sort of stole the show.

Teresa if you google and read this, the acting was good. just get a writer. And don't script banter with the audience., it's just wrong.

what else???

last time I was down here, staying in the same hotel - the Park Inn, Lancaster Gate - the people in the room next to me kept having noisy sex. this time I am in that room. I don't know how to feel about it. it's a bit like turning up to a party after everyone has gone and sitting drinking on your own knowing that all the fun has already happened.

The toilet seat doesn't stay up and either tries to remove my penis or pats me on the back. neither of which are good. And the local bandits, sorry I mean shops, tried to charge me £2.33 for TWO oranges. Shop local my arse I'm off to Tesco Metro you robbing shits.

writing wise I have sent my screenplay treatment to a few places, next wednesday is the showcase for all the comedy college scripts, I've spent all day rewriting sketches for CBeebies. tomorrow I shall be writing more stuff for Scallywagga and putting together an idea I came up with during coffee this morning. it's ace. or it could be really shit. Must get in touch with David. I've found a slot for one of our ideas.

I haven't had a single pie since I've been down here. Found a top Thai place on Queensway, Bayswater

No comments: